Total Pageviews

Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 October 2013

Ask Ayushmann anything


My girlfriend wants us to change our facebook statuses to "in a relationship." I'm not into the public stuff. Is this a done deal?
Amish Sakhuja, Via email

This battle isn't about status. It's about boundaries: you're private and she's public. Tell her that. Tell her what you want to share with the world and what you'd rather save for friends and family. And have her do the same. If there's enough common ground there, or if you two can reach a compromise, you guys have a chance. If not, better to know now.

Everytime I wear skinny jeans my girlfriend gave me, my buddies make fun of me. How do I handle these guys?
Ashok Singh, Mumbai

Internationally, it is already a trend. But the question here is do you like wearing the jeans or not? If you do, return fi re and ride this out. I bet half of them are sniping because they wouldn't fi t into skinny jeans themselves. But if you're only wearing them for her sake and are extremely uncomfortable, then your friends are doing you a favour buddy. Wear them over to her place a few times, and then put them into semiretirement. They're just jeans, after all. Not a wedding band. So don't let it get to your head.

I have a hard time asserting myself. I don't want to yell, but I know I shouldn't be a doormat. Any ideas?
Anurag Dewal, via email

Half your battle is won already as at least you realise that you don't want to be a doormat. The problem with people who don't stand up for themselves is that they'd rather avoid confrontation than think about the future. Once you're labelled a patsy, you could eventually lose a job and plenty of respect. You don't have to be rude. The only way you'll change is by realising it's okay to be uncomfortable in the present to protect your future.

What do you do if you've taken a job and a better offer comes up a few weeks later? I am terribly confused. Help!
Sunil Kumar, Ludhiana

Think about work like you think about girls. Women don't want a man who breaks their trust, but they'll pursue a man they can't have. So if you're not sure you're in the right relationship, honour your current commitment, but keep in touch with the lady who's flirting with you. Once you've given the first woman a fair chance, there's nothing wrong to see if the second one wants to have a drink. This way you get best of both the worlds on your plate.

My colleagues start brainstorming e-mail chains after office hours. Do I really need to reply to their mails? It's annoying.
Saksham Sinha, Chennai

That's one of the biggest cons of technology. It screws your personal life. Predominantly, I'm a fi rm believer in last call. When the house lights go up, I've wrapped up my shows and about to hit the bed until I'm back on the clock again. My day's work is done-and so is yours. So don't let your colleagues cut into your personal time in any way. But, of course, in times of emergency it's selfi sh to turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to all the emails. In fact the best opportunities come your way in times of crisis. But again the onus of drawing a line between frivolous and serious calls/emails lies on you.

The Bollywood outsider who competed for the spotlight of success with millions of sperm... err, strugglers and hit bulls' eye with Vicky Donor. He comes from Chandigarh, is the proud father of a one-year-old.





No comments:

Post a Comment